MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Computer applications (MCA) was established in the year 1999 with an intake of 30 and it has been enhanced to 60 in the year 2000-2001 with an objective of imparting quality education in the field of Computer Science. With rapidly evolving technology and with the objective to progress core competence in Computer Science to prepare the students in terms of carrying out development work, as well as to take up challenges in research, the university and AICTE has changed the program duration from 3 years to 2 years from the academic year 2020-21.
The Department has contemporary facilities for teaching, learning and research. Department has set up of advanced laboratory facilities like Cisco Networking Lab, Cloud Computing, Mobile Application Development and BigData. The students have access to high speed Internet network connection of 100MbPs with Wi-Fi connectivity. The Department has a well-equipped department library which is enriched with over 600 books, 12 printed journals, 52 IEEE Journals and 114 DELNET Online Journals.
VISION & MISSION
- To transform the department in to quality technical education center imparting updated technical knowledge with character building.
- To outshine in programming skills in the various computing fields of IT industries.
- To endorse students potential to become entrepreneur in various sectors of Computer applications.
- To provide technical services to satisfy the needs of student community and society.
- To disseminate research and higher studies interest among student community.
- To achieve excellence through the persistent team effort and dedication.
M.C.A.MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
- In pursuit of college vision and mission, the department had taken new initiatives in order to achieve improved educational practice to help students to reach their academic and career goals. By which University rank holders has been made possible for the last 11 years by the department. MCA department stand First in University results in our zone.
- Resilient foundation, technical skills, and knowledge for professional career in IT industry.
- Well-resourced laboratories with high configuration computers and Wi-Fi enabled campus.
- Encourage problem solving, analytical thinking and development of innovative IT solutions/applications.
- Emphasis on nurturing innovations and entrepreneurship.
- Industry linkage and placement support.
- Competent, Quailed and experienced faculty members.
- Encouraging Students to do NPTEL courses.
- Professional Body CSI (Computer Society of India) Best Student Chapter.
LIST OF FACULTY
|1||Dr P UmaEswari||Professor||PhD||6.7.2020|
|2||Dr V Sujatha||Associate Professor||MCA PhD||4.4.2000|
|3||Mrs N Juliet||Associate Professor||M.Phil, MCA||2.1.2008|
|4||Mrs R Anitha||Assistant Professor||MCA M.Tech||3.9.2007|
|5||Mr R Sankar||Assistant Professor||MCA||15.6.2011|
|6||Mr J Mubeen Basha||Assistant Professor||MCA||1.6.2010|
|7||Mrs K Malathy||Assistant Professor||MCA||14.6.2012|
|8||Mrs R Rajeshwari||Assistant Professor||MCA M.Phil||2.6.2019|
HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT
Dr. V. SUJATHA
Associate Professor & HEAD
Mrs. N. JULIET
SPECIALIZATION: SOFTWARE ENGINEERING AND DATABASE MANGEMENT SYSTEMS
Mrs. R. ANITHA
SPECIALIZATION: WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORKING & BIG DATA ANALYTICS
Mr. R. SANKAR
SPECIALIZATION: PROGRAMMING AND NEURAL NETWORKS
Mrs. K. MALATHY
SPECIALIZATION: DATA SCIENCE AND ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
Mrs. R. RAJESHWARI
SPECIALIZATION: IMAGE PROCESSING
MR. J. MUBEEN BASHA