To promote a spirit of continuous learning among its students, S.A. Engineering College assures peaceful and enriching hours in the Central Library. One of the major highlights of the S.A. Engineering College is its 1371.5275 Sq.M., air conditioned central library that has a seating capacity of 300.
In this fully automated library, students and staff members can search the books by author, title, Acc. No. Publisher or subject heading and their availability. Each student is given 3 library books at a time and four books are given to each staff. Library hours scheduled for students every week. The Central Library of S.A. Engineering College is an institutional member of prestigious libraries such as DELNET, AICTE – ELSEVIER, AICTE – IEEE Delhi, NDLI and NPTEL.
Library Rules & Regulations
- All Faculty members and students have to show their ID card while logging in and logging out the library in the gate entry system.
- Each student is allowed to draw three books from the library
- Teaching faculty can draw four books from the library.
- Merit Cards : The top Five rank holders in each class will be eligible to draw 6 books per semester.
- This privilege will be continued as long as they continue to be the one among the top 5 rank holders in the class.
- Students should show their identity cards to the librarian for the purpose of identification at the time of using any library facilities and borrowing books.
- Students should clarify themselves about the defacement of the books before they take out from the library on loan.
- Any subsequent complaint about the deficiency or defacement of the book will not be entertained.
- If book is found to be defective at the time of returning will not be accepted and the student concerned should replace the book by a new one.
- Any book reported to be lost by the borrower should be replaced by a new one, failing which the borrower should pay an amount twice the cost of the book lost.
- Books other than reference books and journals will be issued to the students for a period of 15 days at the first instance with the provision for renewal for a further period of 15 days.
- Extension beyond the first renewal will be permitted only if there is no request for reservation of the book by any other user.
- Reference books, Project Reports, Journals and Question papers will not be lent out. But, students can make photocopies to a bare minimum number of pages from the books.
- Books should be returned on the due dates.
- Belated returns will be accepted only on payment of fine calculated as per the rules in force.
- Renewal of book can be done only on production of the book on the due date or earlier.
- Department Library is provided for easy access and preparation of notes for teaching by staff members.
|National Journals (Printed)
|IEEE Online Journals
|Delnet Online Journals
|Inventi Online Journals
|Science Direct / Elsevier Journals
1. Circulation Services
2. Web OPAC ( Online Public Access Catalogue)
3. Online Reservation Service
4. Internet Service
5. Intranet Service
6. Reference Service
7. Reprographic & Printing Service
8. E –Journals access
9. E – Books
11. News Clipping Services
12. Question Bank in OPAC
13. Book Bank Service
14. Mobile App for OPAC ( Link Available in College Website)
15. Inter Library Loan Service
16. Audio Visual Service and Multimedia Section
SCIENCE DIRECT / ELSEVIER
WEB SITE / URL
SCIENCEDIRECT – ELSEVIER
275 Engineering + Computer Science E – Journals with Full text Downloadable option Available
1060+ E-Journals and 10862+ E-Books are read and downloadable option available
It is a computerized catalogue of library resources available to public for searching online. Users can search OPAC remotely and find information online. The search facility apprises the users about the availability of each item for circulation, including the current status of individual copies of a title and the reservation status
National Programme on Technology Entranced Learning – E-Learning through online Web and Video Courses in Engineering Science and humanities streams
National Digital Library of India – Virtual repository of learning resources with a single – window search facility
Project developed by IIT Bombay for online learning under open source environment
Course Management System (CMS) or Learning Management System (LMS) Free web application that educators can use to create effective online learning sites
National Mission on Education through ICT
Massive Open Online Course (MOOC), an online course aimed at unlimited participation and open access via the web
Courses online for free
Providing a free world-class education for anyone anywhere
Provides remote-access to Labs in various disciplines of Science and Engineering. These virtual labs would cater to students at the undergraduate level, post graduate level as well as to research scholars
Digital Learning Environment
Learning environments that will provide access to acquisition of critical knowledge, skills and abilities in the field of design.
From leading universities
Free cultural & educational media on the web, few with certificate
Prepared by Centre for Faculty Development, Anna University
Offered by Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
http://web.mit..edunewsoffice to pic massive-open-online courses-moocs.html
Faculty = 4 Books
Students = 3 Books
Class Toppers (5 Members from Each Class) = 6 Books