ENGINEERING PRACTICES LABORAORY
- To provide exposure to the students with hands on experience on various basic engineering practices in Mechanical Engineering.
STRENGTH OF MATERIALS LAB
- To supplement the theoretical knowledge gained in Mechanics of Solids with practical testing for determining the strength of materials under externally applied loads.
- This would enable the student to have a clear understanding of the design for strength and stiffness.
FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERY LAB
To have hands-on experience in flow measurements using different devices and also perform calculations related to losses in pipes and also perform characteristic study of pumps, turbines etc.
THERMAL ENGINEERING LABORATORY
- To study the value timing-V diagram and performance of IC Engines
- To Study the characteristics of fuels/Lubricants used in IC Engines
- To study the Performance of steam generator/ turbine
- To study the heat transfer phenomena predict the relevant coefficient using implementation
- To study the performance of refrigeration cycle / components
- To develop the skill to use software to create 2D and 3D models.
- To give exposure to software tools needed to analyse engineering problems.
- To expose the students to different applications of simulation and analysis tools.
METROLOGY & MEASUREMENTS LAB
- To familiar with different measurement equipment and use of this industry for quality inspection.
KINEMATICS AND DYNAMICS LAB
- To supplement the principles learnt in kinematics and Dynamics of Machinery.
- To understand how certain measuring devices are used for dynamic testing.
- To know the method of programming the microprocessor and also the design, modelling & analysis of basic electrical, hydraulic & pneumatic Systems which enable the students to understand the concept of mechatronics
MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY LAB
- To Study and practice the various operations that can be performed in lathe, shaper, etc. and to equip with the practical knowledge required in the core industries.
- To Study and acquire knowledge on various basic machining operations in special purpose machines and its applications in real life manufacture of components in the industry.